Date: 3/30/18 6:01 am
From: Preston Lust via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Westport Yard Amazingness
3/30/18, 6:50-8:50 AM -- Yard, Westport

It was a good Good Friday this morning in the yard, with impressive numbers of migrating blackbirds, robins, and others. I tallied 15 great blue herons, around 100 migrating Canada geese, 3 DOUBLE-CRESTED CORMORANTS, 2 EASTERN PHOEBES, 1 TREE SWALLOW, 9 WOOD DUCKS, 2 AMERICAN BLACK DUCKS (only second record for the yard), 1 BELTED KINGFISHER (only second record for the yard), and 1 early PALM WARBLER, which gave beautiful looks for an extended period of time. I also heard a probable yellow-rumped warbler, but briefly. While not a fallout, migration conditions today are certainly excellent.

Preston Lust, Westport