Date: 3/30/18 5:26 am
From: Tim Carney <timmyc83...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Masonville 03/29/2018
Masonville was extremely birdy yesterday. There was an obvious influx of migrants, particularly sparrows and phoebes. The highlight was finding three VESPER SPARROWS; two were in the public area and one was in a restricted area.

Other notables: Wood Duck, Blue-winged Teal, Green-winged Teal, Wilson's Snipe, Yellow-bellied Sapsucker, Brown Creeper, Golden-crowned Kinglet, Fox Sparrow, Savannah Sparrow.

I saw Ospreys and American Crows carrying nesting materials and one of the Tree Swallows was on a nestbox.

I did not relocate the Painted Bunting despite checking the feeders twice throughout the day, for about 10-20 minutes each time.

eBird checklist: https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S44060981

Tim Carney
Parkville, MD