Date: 3/30/18 2:25 am
From: Susan Treesh <sktreesh...>
Subject: Re: [JERSEYBI] 1. Tides, and 2. Jerseybirds posts
Linda - I do agree with you that the text alerts do not fill the same
role as Jerseybirds. They are best suited for immediate information (and
the map pins are useful too!).  But they are very fragmented - there are
probably 25 covering NJ, and some of them are private, and they are all
limited in the amount that can be said.

That said, I did see the tufted duck last weekend and didn't mention it
on Jerseybirds, due to the usual busy-ness, and it really should have
been highlighted.  So I join you in making a plea to all of us to keep
this, the statewide discussion group that is the most accommodating,
broad, and easy to search, up to date, and I will try to do better myself.

Susan Treesh
Somerset

> Issue with Jerseybirds and Ebird
>
> I found out there have been 1 or 2 Tufted Ducks at North Pond, Sandy Hook for about a week. If I had known I would have gone over there right away - It is 11 miles from my house. It looks like birders are communicating other ways than Jerseybirds. In fact some said, it was “all over” Ebird for a week.
>
> I find it really hard to use Ebird to know there is an interesting bird being seen nearby. Do I have to go on there every morning and search for lists for all of Monmouth County, choose this month, and click on the hotspots to read various lists posted there? And what about other counties? Or is there some other way?
>
> Thanks to the people who do post to Jerseybirds: Sandra Keller, Bob Dodelson, Yong Kong, Scott Barnes, Bill Elrick, and more. And thank you Laurie Larsen.
>
> Good birding,
>
> Linda Stehlik
>

> How to report NJ bird sightings: see <www.njbrc.com/index.php/reporting-rare-birds/>
> or e-mail to <njbrcreport...>