Date: 3/29/18 7:58 pm
From: JOHN TURNER <redknot...>
Subject: RE: [nysbirds-l] Strange place for Osprey nest

Glenn: I believe that is the 56-acre property owned by the Local
Engineers of the Teamsters where union members practice using various
types of heavy duty equipment.

John T.

On Thu, Mar 29, 2018 at 08:22 PM, GQ wrote:

Strange location for an active Osprey nest. It’s located in some kind of
empty paved construction lot next to a small VFW building on the west
end of
Victory Ave in Brookhaven (Suffolk), just east of Horseblock Road.

There is a strange structural metal platform, supported by 4 telephone
poles and the nest is on top of this structure. The nest has been there
all
winter and today an Osprey was on top of it.

This location is not in sight of any water, although the Carman’s River
is
fairly close to the east, and Wertheim NWF to the south.

I pass it several times a week and there seems to be very few cars
inside,
can’t imagine what goes on in there.

Here are some coordinates: 40.798985, -72.907650

Cheers,

Glenn Quinn

Hauppauge, NY

Welcome and Basics
<http://www.northeastbirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME.htm>

Rules and Information
<http://www.northeastbirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES.htm>

Subscribe, Configuration and Leave
<http://www.northeastbirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm>

Archives:

The Mail Archive
<http://www.mail-archive.com/<nysbirds-l...>/maillist.html>

Surfbirds <http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L>

ABA <http://birding.aba.org/maillist/NY01>

Please submit your observations to eBird
<http://ebird.org/content/ebird/> !

ARCHIVES:
3) http://birding.aba.org/maillist/NY01

http://ebird.org/content/ebird/