Date: 3/29/18 3:24 pm
From: Sandra Keller <sandrakeller...>
Subject: [JERSEYBI] RBA - alerts
Not everyone uses Jerseybirds. Not everyone uses ebird. Not everyone uses the smartphone alert apps.
There’s also the Jerseybirders facebook group. Lots of choices out there!

You probably have to create an account to receive the ebird alerts in your email. But I believe you can
just view the alerts on your computer on phone even if you don’t have an account.
http://help.ebird.org/customer/portal/articles/1010526?t=401151 <http://help.ebird.org/customer/portal/articles/1010526?t=401151>
That’s for rare birds. And rare birds are relative. Read all about it on the web site! The info is a bit old
though. Numbers triggering rare won’t show up in the alerts. I think. Just a rare bird. Or late bird if the
filters are set to 0.

There’s the Whats App and the GroupMe app for alerts for various parts of the state.

Sandra Keller
<sandrakeller...>

Sent from my Imac

or e-mail to <njbrcreport...>