Date: 3/29/18 2:02 pm
From: Cliff Hence <0000003a3f542467-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Birding Butterfly Class at Cheltenham Adult School next month
SHAMELESS SELF PROMOTION DEPARTMENT

I will be teaching a course next month at the CheltenhamTownship Adult School in Montgomery County entitled:

EnjoyingBirds and Butterflies at Home and in the Field

Get ready for the spring bird migration and the emergence ofbutterflies in our area. Many species of birds move into or pass through theDelaware Valley on their yearly migration to their nesting grounds. Take aclose look at the birds and butterflies in your backyard and in the field.Learn important information for creating a feeding station for birds andsetting up a garden for butterflies at your home. We will discuss types of foodand other ways to attract the widest variety of birds to your backyard. Therewill also be a discussion of what to plant in order to attract butterflies toyour garden. Learn to identify these birds and butterflies at home and in thefield, using a system of field marks and behaviors that can be helpful withouthaving to memorize the whole bird or butterfly. Bird song is also an importantmethod of identifying birds as we can often hear many more than we think wesee. Local field trips to see birds in the Philadelphia area will be arrangedin class.

For more information on the course and other courses at the AdultSchool go to:
http://cheltenhamtownshipadultschool.org.

Cliff Hence
Phila. Pa.

Join us on Facebook!