Date: 3/29/18 12:03 pm
From: John McCarthy and Linda Stehlik <jmcclins...>
Subject: [JERSEYBI] 1. Tides, and 2. Jerseybirds posts
The app that I found for NOAA Tides and Currents is poor. There is an app called tidesnearme

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=me.tidesnear.free&hl=en

I just downloaded that and it will show the last few stations you have looked up.

You will want to be aware of what station is nearest your location.

Issue with Jerseybirds and Ebird

I found out there have been 1 or 2 Tufted Ducks at North Pond, Sandy Hook for about a week. If I had known I would have gone over there right away - It is 11 miles from my house. It looks like birders are communicating other ways than Jerseybirds. In fact some said, it was “all over” Ebird for a week.

I find it really hard to use Ebird to know there is an interesting bird being seen nearby. Do I have to go on there every morning and search for lists for all of Monmouth County, choose this month, and click on the hotspots to read various lists posted there? And what about other counties? Or is there some other way?

Thanks to the people who do post to Jerseybirds: Sandra Keller, Bob Dodelson, Yong Kong, Scott Barnes, Bill Elrick, and more. And thank you Laurie Larsen.

Good birding,

Linda Stehlik

or e-mail to <njbrcreport...>
List help: <jerseybi-request...>