Date: 3/29/18 7:36 am
From: Christopher Loscalzo via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] FOY Phoebe...and a Porcupine!
In Woodbridge and Orange, at the Racebrook Tract. We took a long hike
through this 200 acre property this morning, doing some early scouting for
the CT Bird Atlas. We found some nice birds, including an Eastern Phoebe, a
Gray Catbird, Fox and Swamp Sparrow, and two Pileated Woodpeckers. We are
immediately seeing the side benefits of doing the atlas as we spent more
time than usual looking for nests high in trees. We didn't find any active
nests, but we did locate a PORCUPINE sleeping high in a tree. Contact us
offline if you'd like directions to its exact location. Full report on
ebird.

Chris Loscalzo and Marianne Vahey,

Woodbridge