Date: 3/28/18 5:54 pm
From: Sandra Keller <sandrakeller...>
Subject: [JERSEYBI] shorebird tide timing. and the bhgull at the Villas
I had the whole day, so off I go starting with my usual high tide
areas for shorebirds. Gloucester county - nothing. But it is still
March.

Salem county - much better. Theres a flooded field area near
Money Island Rd. Both yellowlegs. And the ponds along Frog
Rd. had so much water - they were loaded with ducks. High tide is
best at these spots. The birds move out to the mud flats at low tide.

Cumberland - best. Perfect low tide at the Sea breeze Rd.
impoundment. And I managed to get Maple Ave. right. The Bonies
there were not numerous, but fun to watch feeding! But no
Little Gull or BH Gull. And no Avocet. But, like I said, keep looking!
One never knows. And low tide needed for the Cumberland spots until
the Heislerville shorebird pool gets drawn down.

Cape May - I decided to head down after getting Kevin's alert. It was
worth it! Absolutely perfect weather. I would have stayed longer, but
did need to get home! Wow - to see the Black headed Gull in with
Ring billed and Laughing. No Bonies around.

I can't wait to see my pics.

Good birding all.

Sandra Keller

Sent from my iPad mini