Date: 3/28/18 3:41 pm
From: Phil Brown <nebirdsplus...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] massbird.org (the web site not the listserve) hacked - please read
Unfortunately the Massbird.org web site was hacked earlier this week, I
took it offline for a day, cleaned up the site and it's now back up and
running. MassBird.org is currently hosting 4 bird club web sites:

massbird.org/ecoc - Essex County Ornithological Club

massbird.org/emhw - Eastern MA Hawk Watch

massbird.org/nasketucket - Nasketucket Bird Club

massbird.org/pbc - Paskamansett Bird Club

If you visited MassBird.org or any of these web sites in the past week
you should be sure to run your virus protection / anti-malware software
to be certain you are virus / malwarefree. If you don't have virus /
malware protection software it is highly recommended that you install
one of the available programs at your earliest convenience.

Being online without virus protection these days is much more than a
little risky.

A few of the free options:

https://www.malwarebytes.com/ - Malwarebytes

and a few of the paid options:

https://us.norton.com/ - Norton

https://www.mcafee.com - McCaffe

A quick google search for anti-virus / anti-malware software will bring
up many other options.

I should also mention that MassBird.org is not connected to the MassBird
listserve so no worries with posting your sightings to the listserve.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. Good birding to
all and come on Spring with the migrants we're all waiting for!

Enjoy,
Phil Brown
Essex, MA 01929
<nebirdsplus...>