Date: 3/28/18 2:21 pm
From: judy parrot-willis <jep_willis...>
Subject: Re: [MASSBIRD] Unusual bird sighting, possible Avocet on Forest st. Middleton
Just checked out the small pond mentioned by Diana, 4:30 today, in Middleton as per her suggestion. Saw a collection of a few domestics obviously being raised adjacent to the pond: Swan geese, muscovy ducks, a handsome male peacock, gorgeous variety of roosters, chickens, two white turkeys, and of the 'wild' sector', only CGs and 4 mallards. Close to my abode, so shall check it out again tomorrow. Also seen near me at Lake Cochichewick this AM at 8AM and again at 11:15AM was the conti. Redhead drake, an immature bald eagle, sharp-shinned hawk, and c.mergansers on the Pleasant St. side. JudyNorth Andover

On Wednesday, March 28, 2018, 1:49:16 PM EDT, Diana F. <diana.fru...> wrote:

A beginner birder friend who was driving down Forest Street in Middleton this morning further up from downtown Middleton saw 2 unusual birds in a very small pond that is visible from road. He sent me a cell phone pic and it looks somewhat like an avocet to me though I can't see the bill. He did say there was a long bill. He is working so cannot return now but if anyone is in that area you might want to check it out.
Diana FrugugliettiWoburn

Join us on Facebook!