Date: 3/28/18 1:39 pm
From: JOHN TURNER <redknot...>
Subject: RE: [nysbirds-l] Mourning Dove nest

Hi Andrew: Interesting observation. That is a very early report. I
wonder if the light in anyway will affect the birds. BTW - I believe
mourning doves are not passerines but in a different bird order......

On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 12:12 PM, Andrew Block wrote:

I had a Mourning Dove pair on their nest yesterday at my Dad's place in
Bronxville.  I think that's the earliest I've seen one.  Poor things
built the nest in a spruce right by one of those annoying very bright
LED security lights beaming down on them all night.  Cool stuff.  I
think that's also the earliest I've seen a passerine nest.

Andrew

Andrew v. F. Block
Consulting Naturalist
20 Hancock Avenue, Apt. 3
Yonkers, Westchester Co., New York 10705-4629
www.flickr.com/photos/conuropsis/albums

Welcome and Basics
<http://www.northeastbirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME.htm>

Rules and Information
<http://www.northeastbirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES.htm>

Subscribe, Configuration and Leave
<http://www.northeastbirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm>

Archives:

The Mail Archive
<http://www.mail-archive.com/<nysbirds-l...>/maillist.html>

Surfbirds <http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L>

ABA <http://birding.aba.org/maillist/NY01>

Please submit your observations to eBird
<http://ebird.org/content/ebird/> !

ARCHIVES:
3) http://birding.aba.org/maillist/NY01

http://ebird.org/content/ebird/