Date: 3/28/18 5:03 am
From: Shea Tiller via va-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [Va-bird] Chincoteague/Willis WHarf early April RFI
Hi, all.

I'm planning on a trip to Chincoteague NWR at the end of the first week of
April this year, and as I've never been to Chincoteague before, I figured
I'd ask for some advice from people who have been there.

My main targets are in order of priority, piping plover, marbled godwit,
western sandpiper, and black-bellied plover. I can see some spots for those
on eBird, but could anyone give me tips on finding these there? I'm looking
to find out the specific locations on the refuge that these are most
commonly seen, what the access for those locations is (e.g. if walking, how
much?), and what tide would be best for each spot. I'd also like to know
which spots would require a scope.

Lastly, I am looking to get a time estimate of how many hours I would need
to spend there to see these target birds so I can see how much other time I
would have left for other spots on my trip.

If I have time, I'm planning on checking Willis Wharf (I know I'd need a
scope there). What would be the best tide for finding godwits there?

Thanks and great birding!

Shea