Date: 3/27/18 10:45 am
From: Patrick and Christine Tamborra via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Strang duck ID?
On Sunday at Whalebone Creek, Hadlyme CT, I encountered a very strange duck. It was almost all black (not Black Duck black, more like crow black) with a similar bill and a distinct white patch on its chest. It was in company with several Mallards and of similar size. I am attaching a link to my ebird list of the outing where there are photos. Can anyone help? I assume that it is some sort of hybrid.

Thanks, Pat Tamborra

https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S43943300