Date: 3/26/18 9:23 pm
From: PETER LOW <plbirder...>
Subject: [COBOL] Past weekend Bird Notes
Hi all,
On Friday morning 3/23/18 the leucistic Raven was present at the Knott Road Landfill, being pursued by a Bald Eagle.

It's been a while since visiting Wickiup Reservoir, so Saturday morning I went to check it out. Water is very high, with about 4 inches of Snow on the ground. Did not need 4wheel D but decided no to drive all the way around, plus it was quite choppy out there, so not much to report.

North Wickiup Boat Ramp

Horned Grebe 3
Bufflehead 24

Dam Kiosk

Redhead 1
Lesser Scaup 8
Ring-necked Duck 34
Bufflehead 35
Red-winged Blackbird 2
E. Starling 1
Golden-crowned Kinglet 1
Bald Eagle 2

Dam at Tower

Tree Swallow 18
Meadow Lark 1

Hatfield Lake Saturday afternoon highlights 3/24/18

Turkey Vulture 3
Lesser Scaup 57 1st pond c 20 2nd pond.
Canvasback 17 or more.
Hooded Merganser 3
Say's Phoebe 5
Tree Swallow 1
American Pipit 1
Mountain Bluebird 3
Western Meadow Lark 10
Northern Shrike 1 2nd Pond
Cinnamon Teal 2
Ring-necked Duck 40
Pied-billed Grebe 1

Millican Valley Evans Well Road. 3/25/18

Horned Lark 400+
Northern Shrike 1 adult
Mountain Bluebird 8
Western Meadow Lark 4
Mourning Dove 24
E. Collard Dove 8
E. Starling 20
Sage Brush Sparrow 10+
Prairie Falcon 1
Bald Eagle 2
Common Raven
Red-tailed Hawk.

Alfalfa

On the early date of 18th March last year I saw a Swainson's Hawk in Klamath Falls, so thought I would try my luck around Alfalfa. Lots of high flying Red-tails plus 2 or more Ferruginous Hawks, One of the later dive bombing a Golden Eagle. No Swainson's Hawks seen.

Bald Eagle 2-3
Prairie Falcon 1
American Kestrel 2
Turkey Vulture 2
Say's Phoebe 2
Mountain Bluebird 3
Horned Lark 9

Yard Birds this morning included 1 Slate colored Junco plus 1 Cassair type Junco.

Peter Low.
Bend Oregon.