Date: 3/26/18 5:30 pm
From: Martha Pfeiffer <0000001a1bef7484-dmarc-request...>
Subject: [VTBIRD] Hinsdale Setbacks and Miller's Farm fields
Barb Powers and I took a ride over to Hinsdale Setbacks  today.  We had beautiful views of the Redheads earlier reported and also the Barrow's Goldeneye.  Bright sunshine brought out the brilliant colors of all the waterfowl.  There were many Common Mergansers and Common Goldeneyes, all displaying.  Much to our surprise, we saw only 6 Canada Geese.  A  few other species in small numbers were identified.
From New Hampshire, we doubled back to Miller's Farm Fields on Vernon Rd. on the Vermont side of the Connecticut River.  Thanks to Cat Abbott who told me about this Hotspot the day we met under the Champlain Bridge.  Thanks, Cat.  The highlight there was a Northern Mockingbird along the hedge row and in the distance, the Peregrine Falcon flew from the nesting site,earlier reported.Only 2 Canada Geese were seen here.
Lovely day to be out doing what we love doing!

  Martha Pfeiffer, Dorset

Join us on Facebook!