Date: 3/26/18 8:51 am
From: William Rapai <brapai...>
Subject: [birders] Pine siskin courtship
Birders:

I walked into the yard this morning on my way home from walking the dog to
find a male pine siskin feeding a female on a low branch of the spruce
tree.

Although we tend to think of pine siskins as winter birds, they
occasionally stick around and have a brood in the spring before heading
north. I'd have to check my records, but that did happen here in my
neighborhood about six or seven years ago.

I have no idea what these two will ultimately decide to do -- they could
hang around or head north tomorrow. I'm going to be watching closely. Hope
they don't mind too much!

Bill

--
Author of *Brewed In Michigan: The new golden age of brewing in The Great
Beer State*, named a Michigan Notable Book for 2018 by the Library of

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/d/msgid/birders/CALKQYqv4zmfXv%<2BcVB1P_Uua-Bde1Tu3SBHpYzoAmAecwMmO-wA...>