Date: 3/25/18 2:45 pm
From: Ron Gamble <rongamble...>
Subject: [birders] Merlin ... maybe
We watched this bird on the ground for over 20 minutes in our backyard north
of Dexter as it consumed a red-winged blackbird this morning. It left only
the wings and head, along with a bunch of "fluff".

It took us quite awhile to decide on identification; but rather than our
resident cooper's, we decided we're pretty sure it's a merlin, mainly due to
the moustache.

Digiscoping through our home windows into the sunlight wasn't the greatest,
but does anybody else agree on merlin in the attached images?

Thanks.

Ron G.

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/d/msgid/birders/002a01d3c482%249b2d34a0%24d1879de0%24%40net.