Date: 3/25/18 11:29 am
From: Shawn Wainwright <shawneagleeyes1...>
Subject: [JERSEYBI] 3rd Annual Ocean County Big Day Bird Count May 12th
For those of you not taking part in the WSOB, we could use more help on all
9 teams May 12th.

Hi everyone, i'm starting to put together our 3rd annual birding event that
will take place over all of Ocean County with 9 teams covering different
areas. Each team will have a section to bird in Ocean County.

This will be similar to the CBC but will include all of Ocean County
instead of just a little part. We will be meeting at Riverwood Park
Recreational Center in Toms River as a meeting spot to go over everyone's
lists like the CBC and have dinner which would be subs and some dessert as
well around 6pm. I have several birders already interested and taking part.

Depending on how many are willing to join us will determine how much to
give for dinner, 5 dollars.

Also working on getting checklists for... everyone to use to hand them to
me at the end so I can tally up the total species along with how many of
each species.

You can start birding anytime after midnight. If you will be birding the
bay or ocean I suggest someone on your team has a scope.

So let me know if your interested and what team you would like to be on. If
you don't have much experience identifying birds, make sure someone on your
team does. Pick an area that you know well.

After that we can make meetup places with everyone on your team.

Let me know as soon as possible if you can join us! Any questions feel free
to send me a message.

Here are the teams as of last year. Let me know if anyone can't make it or
if someone new will be added. So far Team leader for team 5 can't make it.

Team 1 ( Birders needed ) - Covering Seaside Heights, Seaside Park, and
Island Beach State Park - ( Team leader ) Shawn Wainwright, Rich Wolfert,
and Al Della Bella.

Team 2 ( Birders needed ) - Covering Lavallette, Mantoloking, Bayhead,
Point Pleasant, Point Pleasant Beach, and Brick - ( Team leader ) Jessica
Howland, Peggy Cadigan, Ray Bogan, Nyleen Roszel, and Anne Macaluso.

Team 3 ( Birders needed ) - Covering Silverton, Toms River and Island
Heights - ( Team leader ) Chelsea Hockenbury and Doug Hockenbury and Steven
Weiss.

Team 4 ( Birders needed ) - Covering Beachwood, Pine Beach, Ocean Gate,
Bayville, and Berkeley - ( Team leader ) Jenn Stilwell

Team 5 ( Birders needed ) - Covering Ocean Township, Forked River, Lacey,
and Waretown - ( Team leader ) ?, Thomas Schiano, and Linda De Lotto

Team 6 ( Birders needed ) - Covering , Barnegat, Stafford, Surf City,
Harvey Cedars, and Barnegat Light - ( Team leader ) Eric Reuter, Lisa
Deubel, Karmela Moneta, Lisa Wolf, and Marty DeAngelo.

Team 7 ( Birders needed ) - Covering Little Egg Harbor, Tuckerton, Long
Beach Island, and Beach Haven - ( Team leader ) Donna Ortuso, Terry Lodge,
Jamie Harrison, Linda Woodfield, and Peter Mooney.

Team 8 ( Birders needed ) - Covering Lakewood, Whitesville, Lakehurst, and
Manchester - ?

Team 9 ( Birders needed ) - Covering Jackson Mills, Jackson, Cassville, New
Egypt, and Plumstead - ( Team leader ) Akira Kurosawa, Tracyann McCracken
and Mariko Layton.

Here is a map of Ocean County so you know your boundaries: http://
newjersey.hometownlocator.com/maps/countymap,cfips,029,c,ocean.cfm
<http://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fnewjersey.hometownlocator.com%2Fmaps%2Fcountymap%2Ccfips%2C029%2Cc%2Cocean.cfm&h=ATNfYZVt7Jv2v7jd0ctSrv7Hmc8AoFeaqWvqCJH0uH0cVHwFUh-Jf3ZfFWXZo5Z5001TbnVYkKPgYC26qGVATlL5y3XZgCeaXj4s-fl5rpqs-IVJ3Q>

Even if you can't make the event, go birding somewhere in Ocean County and
i will count it for the appropriate team. Just be sure to ebird it so i can
see it. And also you don't have to start at midnight, you can start
whenever you like, but it starts at midnight if you don't want to sleep
lol. I would start while it's still dark out and try for Owls and others.

Your checklist will be attached via email, there is room for tallying and
then a column for your total. Team leaders will be the one doing the
checklist so send me your email and i will send it too you. Bring these to
the meetup and I will collect them after I call out all the species, I just
need one from each team. If you happen to see anything not on the list,
then it should be a rare species, just add those at the bottom. Hope to see
you there!
Here is my email: <ShawnEagleEyes1...>

Some people will be bringing items needed for the event, if you would like
to bring something let me know, here's a list of who is bringing items and
items still needed. Thanks!

Shawn Wainwright - Coffee, creamer, sugar, and napkins

Items still needed:
Pizza or subs - this person will get handed the $5 at the meetup
Plastic Cups
Soda and water
Styrofoam cups for the coffee
Snacks
anything else you can think of to bring

If i missed anything let me know lol.
Thanks to everyone taking part so far, should be a fun event!

Good birding,
Shawn Wainwright
Toms River

Virus-free.