Date: 3/24/18 3:22 pm
From: Ron <waxwing...>
Subject: Bear Island/Donnelley WMA's
Four of us birded them yesterday. Spring migrants were what would be
expected, except a Red-eyed Vireo at Donnelley across from the
restroom/picnic area. Bear Island has the tour route open which was very
birdy with waders and shorebirds. It’s the first time I’ve been there when
it was open. The road at the maintenance building loops around back to Ti Ti
Road. I was told it will be gated again sometime soon.

I heard the Kiskadee along the beginning of it, but never saw the bird. We
finished with 77 species for the two sites.

Ron Clark
Kings Mtn. NC

Join us on Facebook!