Date: 3/24/18 7:21 am
From: Eduardo del Solar <delsolar...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Birding coastal Peru, images
This winter I had the pleasure of visiting Paracas National Reserve, an area of my native Peru I came to know first as a child. It blew my socks then, but the changes in the last 10 years are unbelievable if you are a birder/photographer. Since 2006 new conservation legislation that protects this reserve by placing limits to commercial fishing has given a rebirth of marine and bird wildlife. Species that were almost close to extinction in this area are starting to come back. To those planning to do a trip to coastal Peru, I suggest you include a visit to this national reserve, including adjacent Ballestas Islands, a close visit by power boat. It would be arrogant for me to say that the images I am sharing can capture all the beauty of this desert and it’s bay, but hope you like the birdscapes I have selected in my 5 day shoot as representative of what you would see in this wildlife reserve. You can click on the image of this Guanay Cormorant, to see my Paracas images.
http://delsolar.org/webs/birds/paracas18/content/_32A4570-Edit_large.html

Eduardo del Solar

Join us on Facebook!