Date: 3/23/18 5:20 pm
From: Sean S <therefromhere168...>
Subject: [Maine-birds] Eastern Rd., Scarborough today: FOY Snowy Egret & Savannah Sparrows
Today there were a SNOWY EGRET, 3 SAVANNAH SPARROWS, a pair of Gadwall and
at least 25 Northern Pintails seen by myself and Jeff Webb along Eastern
Road in Scarborough, all FOY's. Since I had my camera with me and took
some photos I thought I'd attempt the eBird experience again. Here is the
list, hopefully with the Snowy included:

https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S43896993

I've had mega frustrations with eBird in the past, as usually when I felt
inspired to start using the site regularly and in earnest, it was because
of seeing something I wanted to report that they deemed too out of the
ordinary to take my word on (for example a spring migratory fallout of 8
Blackpoll Warblers one morning at Essex St. Woods in Bangor). Never
extreme rarities, but eBird's gatekeepers always sternly wanted DETAILS
beyond what I was able to provide, and though Louis Bevier was extremely
helpful in trying to get me set up, I gave up after a couple of futile
attempts.

eBird is a worthy site whose bar charts I find especially helpful, and I
understand why they're picky about unusual sightings, hopefully the photos
help this time!

Sean Smith