Date: 3/22/18 9:40 pm
From: Dave Leibert <xdave...>
Subject: Horned Larks and Killdeer, Northampton County
Howdy all,

I did some driving around today looking for interesting birds.

Along Arrowhead road the farmers plowed the snow off an acre or so for
the field birds. There were a few dozen horned larks there along with a
killdeer.

In Bethlehem I watched one of the resident peregrines fly to its
favorite building. It was munching away on a small passerine bird. This
PF was the male. I may have seen a second peregrine but no close look.

In Saucon valley a big Sharpie or Coopers flew right over my car in the
twilight carrying a small bird. I dig looking at cool birds through the
sunroof. I saw the gyr like this a few weeks ago over in Alpha NJ (from
30 or 40 feet away)

Other than that there are still snow geese over at Seiples but no
raptors were present.

Have fun, Dave

Join us on Facebook!