Date: 3/22/18 8:42 pm
From: 'diane Ford' via Maryland & DC Birding <mdbirding...>
Subject: [MDBirding] American Pipits, Sharp-shinned Hawk drama: Aspen Hill, MoCo
 Hi all,
 Made a short birding trip to one of my local haunts Aspen Hill (3:00pm)  to gauge if there were any migrants about. Best birds were 3 AMERICAN PIPITS on the soccer field near the goal posts among the many robins taking advantage of the melting snow. I watched the pipits for about 30 minutes when itcame to an abrupt end when a Sharp-shinned hawk swooped over my head in hot pursuit of the pipits! Lucky for them, they weren't dinner.Other birds were a few juncos, woodpeckers and the local Barred Owl. Sketch of pipit below.

Good Birding
D.Ford/Bethesda, Md.