Date: 3/13/18 4:59 pm
From: frank lospalluto <fdlospalluto...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Least Bittern and Upland Sandpiper
Hi birders,

On June 4, 2007 while doing a point count for Klamath Bird Observatory
(unrelated to the secretive marsh birds study to which Joel referred) I
heard a Least Bittern at my second or third point of the morning along the
road out Eagle Ridge in Shoalwater Bay of Upper Klamath Lake. I was very
close to the water's edge. Dumb luck. I did ebird this a year or two ago
and it may be one of the records Dave Irons referenced. I remember that
someone actually photographed a LEBI out near there that year as well.
Kevin Spencer would be the authority on that. I know a few people have
paddled the Upper Klamath canoe trail and in Shoalwater Bay looking for
one. For a number of years in the mid 2000's I did a yearly point count
from kayak along the Rocky Point canoe trail and never had any LEBI

I recall a discussion about Least Bitterns on OBOL a few years back. so I
am repeating my Least Bittern story, my apologies.....

good birding,

Join us on Facebook!