Date: 3/13/18 3:34 pm
From: Michael Thelen <mikethelen...>
Subject: Field Trip Announcement -- StL Area -- SEE SPECIAL NOTE
The ST. LOUIS AUDUBON SOCIETY is sponsoring a field trip this Saturday to
Horseshoe Lake in Madison County, IL. SEE SPECIAL NOTE.

DATE: Saturday, March 17, 2018

MEETING TIME: 8:00 a.m.

DIRECTIONS & MEETING PLACE: From St Louis take I-70 east to IL hwy 111.
Turn left and go north 3 miles then left into the park. Take the first
right and meet at the second parking lot, the big one, next to the picnic
pavilion and restrooms.

PLAN: This is planned to be a full day trip and will involve only light
walks. We'll exploit birding opportunities in the HSL area then take a
lunch break at the Pilot Travel Center on hwy 203. There are multiple
options to buy food or bring your own. After lunch we can continue in the
HSL area or, if there's time and interest, head up to Riverlands.

SPECIAL NOTE: Saturday's weather forecast has deteriorated slightly in 24
hrs. To make the field trip enjoyable for everyone I'd like to monitor the
forecast and, at the end of the week if it gets real ugly, postpone the trip
one week. Monitor this listserv and on Fri, well before the end of the day,
I will post an update whether we go on Mar 17 or postpone the trip until Mar

PARTICIPATION: Everyone is welcome, SLAS members and non-members.

LEADER: Mike Thelen

COST: Free

MORE INFO: Contact me or visit

Mike Thelen