Date: 3/13/18 10:20 am
From: Lars Per Norgren <larspernorgren...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Least Bittern and Upland Sandpiper

The mid-80s were characterized by very high water in the Great Basin. Malheur Lake expanded to the point of sometimes covering the highway east of Burns with several feet of water. In Nevada it was worse. White-faced Ibis that could not nest there came north. Perhaps Least Bittern was similarly displaced, and retreated with a return to more moderate snowpack.
On Mar 12, 2018, at 11:05 PM, Tim Janzen wrote:

> Dear Jamie,
> In the 1980s Least Bittern was found with some regularity along the canoe trail at Rocky Point at Upper Klamath Lake. It was also found with some regularity at Malheur National Wildlife Refuge.
> Sincerely,
> Tim Janzen

Join us on Facebook!