Date: 3/13/18 8:39 am
From: George Fullerton <gfullerton21...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Cooper's Hawk
With the local flock of Bluejays making a lot of racket, we looked out from our maple syrup making to see a large mature Cooper’s Hawk perched in a nearby tree.
I had seen this likely same hawk a few weeks ago perched on a low branch near my bird feeder and watching the various smaller birds.
A few years ago, at this same feeder, I had seen a kestrel successfully swoop down upon an unwary bluejay and proceed to pull it apart and feed on it.

Visit this group at
For more options, visit

Join us on Facebook!