Date: 3/12/18 6:48 pm
From: Chuck & Jaye Otte <otte2...>
Subject: Woodcocks at Geary State Fishing Lake
For the past 25 years (ever since KBBAT days) the south end of the Geary
State Fishing Lake has been a reliable place to find American Woodcocks in
March. For various reasons (weather and schedules) we hadn't had a
chance to get down there until tonight. We weren't there for very long when
one started "peenting" and not much later he took off and flew right over our
heads. They are so odd in flight. We were also amused by three Great
Horned Owls calling back and forth with all three having very distinct
vocalizations. Amazingly, there was not an excessive amount of traffic on US
77 tonight and it was very calm and quiet at the lake.

Chuck & Jaye Otte mailto:<otte2...>
613 Tamerisk
Junction City Kansas USA 66441

For KSBIRD-L guidelines go to