Date: 3/12/18 6:36 pm
From: Bill Tice <ticebill7...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Hearing Loss of Bird Calls
I have hearing aids, which make a difference, especially in the early
morning when catching the early morning bird song. Mine have two settings,
one that tunes out the monotony and white noise, and the other which picks
it up, which is better for bird songs. I think it is the mid range bird
songs which I hear less of. It may be a dicotomy, but I can still hear
Kinglets and Creepers just fine without the aids, but I cant hear my wife
at times. One time I thought I'd check my wife's hearing abilities, so got
about 40 feet away and asked her, "what are we having for dinner?" Since
there was no reply, I did the same at 30 feet with the same results, the
same at 20 feet,and the same at 10 feet, and finally when I was right in
back of her she said, "For the 5th time, we are having toast and fruit!"
Hmmm, well, that did not actually happen, but the scenario is not far
fetched for some of us, as you know.

Bill Tice

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there."
George Harrison

Join us on Facebook!