Date: 3/12/18 3:25 pm
From: mary hrudkaj <mch1096...>
Subject: [Tweeters] FOY Rufous Hummingbird vs Red-Tailed Hawk
While working out in the garden a short bit ago I heard my first male Rufous Hummingbird doing his flight whistle. He did this twice and the second time I could see what he was flying at. About 20ft up in a fir tree off the NW corner of my house sat a darker phase red-tailed hawk. The hawk seemed unimpressed with the hummer. Why bother with such a tiny morsel right? Any way the hawk left just after I got my binoculars to double check the ID as it was a bit darker than the usual RT Hawk. But then, there's been a dark phase, almost black, red-tailed hawk hanging around the area of the Union River and the PUD substation along North Shore Rd just outside of Belfair since last November.

Happy tweets to you.

Tweeters mailing list

Join us on Facebook!