Date: 3/12/18 11:36 am
From: Jerry Davis <jwdavis...>
Subject: Re: The Mystery Of the Golden-winged warblers decline
Thank you. You have warned us before about the impacts of our demand for
meat on the world and its habitat and wildlife before. This was also
identified in the 70s when people had more environmental conscience than
they do now. The current demise of all species that are not human will
continue and with only 1% of the population committed to making a
difference things do not look hopeful.

Venezuela is described in Jerry's article as a primary site of the
> habitat degradation causing the decline of Golden-winged Warblers. The
> biggest cause of deforestation in Venezuela is cattle ranching
> In other areas of
> South and Central America, huge swaths of forest (e.g., the Amazon) have
> been, and are continuing to be, cleared for soy used globally to feed
> livestock.
> Arkansans and other Americans eat prodigious amounts of meat.� What we
> choose to consume has a direct effect on the disappearance of Arkansas
> birds.
> Janine
> On 3/12/2018 12:10 PM, Jerry Davis
> wrote: