Date: 3/12/18 8:57 am
From: Harry Armistead <harryarmistead...>
Subject: [MDBirding] 2018 Dorchester County May bird counts.
DORCHESTER COUNTY MAY BIRD COUNTS, SATURDAYS, MAY 5 & 12, 2018. (101st and 102nd county spring counts)

I am rushing the season. I will be overseas March 26 - April 14, need to get things set up a bit before taking off.

Please let me know if you can commit. Dorchester has very few resident birders, so I rely heavily on “ringers” from elsewhere.

There are several regulars, so priority and “assignments” as usual will favor those who have some “seniority”. However, Dorchester is a huge county; there is always room, and good areas, for additional observers.

My own activity those 2 days will be restricted to the greater Elliott Island Road and its vast marshes. Depending on the weather and my mind-set, this may or may not involve “all-nighters”.

Possibility of lodging at my place for those coming from afar.

Best wishes to all. Viva Dorchester! Populis prope Deum habitans (the county motto). - Harry Armistead, Philadelphia.

To view group guidelines or change email preferences, visit this group on the web at
Unfamiliar with a hotspot mentioned on this list? Quickly locate it here -

Join us on Facebook!