Date: 3/12/18 7:31 am
From: Femme Metal <femme.metal...>
Subject: [Ohio-birds] Lorain County, Oberlin, ducks
I got stopped by Canada geese crossing Butternut Ridge Road this morning on
my way in to work so I scanned the pond/lake at New Russia Township Nature
Preserve while I was sitting there. Seeing there were ducks mixed in with
the geese, once those crossing the road were safely past, I stopped in the
drive (gates are locked for the season) to scan the ducks with my
binoculars. I definitively saw:

2 male American Wigeon
2 male and 1 female Rind Necked Duck and
1 male and 1 female Bufflehead.

There were other females at which I did not get good looks, so probably
more of these species were there (if not other species). I didn't have
time to walk in past the gate, just a quick look from by the road.

Happy Birding!
Kristen Stillwell
Oberlin, OH

Please consider joining our Society, at