Date: 3/12/18 6:56 am
From: Howard Wu via va-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [Va-bird] RFI - Briery Branch Gap Red Crossbills

I only became aware of this subspecies of Red Crossbills recently through
this mailing list and eBird. They seem a fascinating bird! Unlike the
irruptive Red Crossbills, they are actually breeding in the Appalachians (I
am sure you already know this).

It seems that Briery Branch Gap is a reliable place to observe them. I have
the geo location from eBird, but does anyone have any more information --
how to get there, which spot(s) these birds are most reliably observed at,

Thanks in advance for the information.

Howard Wu
Herndon, VA