Date: 3/11/18 4:12 pm
From: Steve Sanford <bwredbird...>
Subject: Ravens - Mercer Co
Mimi Hoffmaster and I joined up with Kim Springer birding at Rattlesnake
Swamp (E Cornell Rd at Otter Creek north of Mercer) this morning. Around
noon we started hearing distinct Raven calls repeatedly, out of sight,
to the southwest towards Johnson Rd. Mimi and I drove around the corner
of Johnson Rd to the south and where the Ravens were calling closer.
Within 5-10 minutes we got them into good view. Their diamond-shaped
tails were quite evident. They circled higher and higher and disappeared
to the south toward Rt 62. Mimi got good documentation photos, and I got
some recordings which will be posted to the eBird list shortly.
There were about 41 Tundra Swans (Kim's count), 7 Rusty Blackbirds, and
a nice variety of ducks as usual recently.
Steve Sanford
Mercer Co