Date: 3/11/18 2:25 pm
From: Nicholas Mrvelj <nickmrvelj...>
Subject: [obol] Say's Phoebe and odd Gull - Newport
Hello all,

The SAY'S PHOEBE at the Mark Hatfield Marine Science Center continues. It
was not too far off from the Aquarium, near the boardwalk.

I had a really interesting Gull while I was there that got my blood
pumping. It struck me as "other" as soon as I saw it, and I tried my
darndest to turn it into a Slaty-backed Gull. However, after taking a few
poor pictures (light was not on my side), the bird flew off, not to return,
and I only got to study the bird for perhaps a minute.There was a feeding
frenzy taking place in the Yaquina Bay, which drew in many gulls. Just
thought folks would like to know, so perhaps they can keep an eye out for a
pale, first cycle Gull. See checklist below for pictures.

Good birding,
-Nick Mrvelj

Join us on Facebook!