Date: 3/11/18 10:33 am
From: Marlene A Condon via va-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [Va-bird] Wood Ducks back to nest in my "owl" box!!!!!!
Hi all,

Last year a pair of Wood Ducks nested about 10 feet in from my driveway in a box put up for screech owls. It was totally unbelievable because the river is about 1400 feet away!!!!!! It doesn't seem like a likely location for them to nest as the box is not well into the woods nor particularly close to water.
Yet the pair was here this morning at the box, undoubtedly to nest again!!!!!!  Guess my nature-friendly garden suits them!!!!
VERY happily,