Date: 3/11/18 8:35 am
From: Marie Jordan <wooddk5555...>
Subject: [Maine-birds] Pic in Outdoor section of today's Maine Sunday Telegram
Yes, I do know the difference between a female Wood Duck and Mallard!!!

Below is the information I sent in with the picture - I thought my note was
clear that the two in the picture were Wood Ducks but the person who puts
the pictures in did not read it that way.

"A couple hundred Mallards spend the winter in the cove and Mill Creek Park
. One lonely female Wood Duck wintered with that large number of Mallards
this year. Last week, a beautiful Male Wood Duck dropped in and
immediately found her among all the Mallards and spent the afternoon beside
her in the Trout Brook outlet in the cove. "Love at first sight!!""

At least he(she) finally put one of my pictures in!

Maine birds mailing list
For more options, visit

Join us on Facebook!