Date: 3/11/18 5:23 am
From: Eduardo del Solar <delsolar...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Ballestas Islands, images
Recently I took a 6 week trip to my native Per¨. A significant part of that trip I engage in birding and photographing coastal birds. Ballestas Islands, a few hours south of Lima, is a must trip to those visiting Paracas National Reserve. At times called the GalÓpagos of Per¨, Ballestas islands has very large colonies of Guanay Cormorants, the backbone of the old Guano industry. It is an ideal breeding place for Peruvian gannets and sea lions. Seals and dolphins everywhere. Neotropic Cormorants as well as the endangered Red-legged Cormorant can be seen here. Other birds seen/photographed here include Humboldt penguins, Inca terns, American Oystercatcher and Peruvian pelicans. Images of that trip are here:

Eduardo del Solar
Boston, mass
my website

Join us on Facebook!