Date: 3/10/18 6:16 pm
From: Gary Bletsch <garybletsch...>
Subject: [Tweeters] Skagit "Common" Green-winged Teal
Dear Tweeters,
Today, the tenth of March, there was a drake Eurasian Green-winged Teal (or "Common Teal") at Kiket Island in Skagit County. When I first got there, a little flock of three Green-winged Teal and a Hooded Merganser were in the little saltwater lagoon by the base of the isthmus. On my way out, the flock of teal had grown to fourteen, and one of them was what I like to call a "Sideways Teal." That is, this bird had a white stripe that was horizontal, and lacked the vertical white stripe that North American GWTE have.
My attempts at photographing it produced one or two monstrously bad images, which I suppose I will put on my eBird checklist, once I get around to doing it.
Yours truly,
Gary Bletsch
Tweeters mailing list

Join us on Facebook!