Date: 3/10/18 5:21 pm
From: Andrew Theus <andrewtheus93...>
Subject: [GABO-L] Ruff x2!-Altamaha WMA-McIntosh co.
Good afternoon birders,

My wife Bethany and I just left Altamaha WMA-Butler Island unit in McIntosh county where the continuing male Ruff gave great views in the southeast impoundment. As we were getting ready to leave, we both picked up a second Ruff which for a few seconds crossed by the first bird in the same scope view!
It then flew further back but we were both able to get diagnostic views and a few digiscope photos. This bird was much messier and I believe it to be a young molting male based on similar size to the other—larger than nearby Lesser yellowlegs.
I will post eBird checklist later tonight with more details and photos.
Good birding!
-Andrew Theus, Savannah, GA
Instructions for subscribing (and the guidelines) are found here: Please read the guidelines before posting.

Send regular postings to <gabo-l...>