Date: 3/10/18 3:50 pm
From: Scott Byrd via va-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [Va-bird] American Woodcock Flyover
One of my favorite things to do at this time of the year is to venture out to my deck at dusk to hear the American Woodcocks calling. When I ventured out this evening, I was provided a special treat. Normally I only hear them, but tonight a single bird flew directly over me, its wings generating a twittering sound as it passed over. This perfectly captures why I love to bird so much. You just never know what you are going to see when you take the time to observe them. Happy Birding!

Scott Byrd
King George, VA