Date: 3/10/18 9:46 am
From: Alan Contreras <acontrer56...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Linn County Say's Phoebe
There is usually a small incursion of Say’s into the northwest valleys in March, though not so much on the outer coast. I think this year is a bit high or the movement so far has been very concentrated in time or there are more observers out in March.

Alan Contreras

Eugene, Oregon

> On Mar 10, 2018, at 6:54 AM, Karl Schneck <keschneckdds...> wrote:
> Seems like more sightings of Say's Phoebe recently than usual based on the reports submitted here. I find them at my house near Ashland several times a year. My location is at the fringe of the distribution shown by BNA. A bird invasion? Well, not like this one in Houston: <>
> Any ideas? Is this basically a good year for them? Anyway, I got a nice picture of the one at my house yesterday: <>
> Karl Schneck
> "As age comes on, one source of enjoyment after another is closed, but nature's sources never fail." John Muir
> On Sat, Mar 10, 2018 at 12:16 AM, Linda Fink <linda...> <mailto:<linda...>> wrote:
> Today (Friday, March 9) while on our North Santiam raptor route, we found a Say's Phoebe flycatching from the fence behind the Fairview Cemetery between Mill City and Gates on the Linn County side of the river on Kingwood Ave. It was quite unafraid of me: I was looking for raptors across the field on the other side of the fence from the cemetery when I heard it churring (what it sounds like to me) and then noticed this flycatcher flying out and back right in front of me.
> Linda Fink
> --
> POST: Send your post to <obol...> <mailto:<obol...>
> OBOL archives: <>
> Contact moderator: <obol-moderators...> <mailto:<obol-moderators...>

Join us on Facebook!