Date: 3/9/18 12:52 pm
From: Bruce Bartrug <bbartrug...>
Subject: [Maine-birds] CBC population comparisons
Wtownsend's comparison of CBC populations was certainly welcome. However
the species compared are all common birds, and I suspect few, if any,
long-time birders would be surprised to discover a serious change in these
populations. A comparison of summer Breeding Bird Surveys might produce
different results, especially if the years compared to today were before
1970. In my understanding (and personal observations) it is the neotrops
and other migrants that have taken a hit in population figures. It would
even more apparent if there were data that went back to the 1950's.

Not that Mr. Townsend's comparison isn't appreciated, and thanks for that.

Bruce Bartrug
Nobleboro, Maine, USA

because of those who look on and do nothing. - Albert Einstein
of our friends. -Martin Luther King

Maine birds mailing list
For more options, visit

Join us on Facebook!