Date: 3/8/18 12:12 pm
From: Lona Pierce <lona.pierce...>
Subject: [obol] Bandtails in Columbia County
At backyard feeding station this morning north of Scappoose, a FOY pair of BANDTAIL PIGEONS were feeding with mourning doves, California quail, and other regulars. Heavy pressure from an impressive Coopers hawk has scared away collared doves for the past several weeks. One was caught and they haven't returned yet. I'm also getting a small flock of evening grosbeaks daily for the time being. In spite of the weather, I'm going to try to see that Bird Road y-b sapsucker reported earlier. I haven't had a new bird species in Columbia County for quite some time.

Lona Pierce

Join us on Facebook!