Date: 3/8/18 11:14 am
From: Terry Bronson <tbronsonbirds...>
Subject: Tree Sparrows in Preston County
During a stop at Fairfax Pond-Rehe Wildlife Management Area near Reedsville
in Preston County about noon, I flushed at least 3 American Tree Sparrows
from the roadside, along with at least 2 Dark-eyed Juncos.

The middle pond was mostly frozen. With light snow falling, I was able to
see 8 Canada Geese, 2 Wood Ducks plus 1 heard, and 3 Hooded Mergansers. 40
American Robins were on the lawns near the first parking lot.

At the WVU Reedsville Farm, there were 87 Canada Geese, 2 Hooded
Mergansers, and 1 Mallard.

Earlier in the morning, I visited 2 locations in western Marion County.

Along Huey Run Road, highlights included 6 Canada Geese, 2 American
Kestrels, 1 Eastern Towhee, and 2 Red-winged Blackbirds.

At Curtisville Lake, highlights included 25 Canada Geese and 24 American

Terry Bronson
Morgantown, WV
Join us on Facebook!