Date: 3/8/18 8:06 am
From: Karen Holliday <ladyhawke1...>
Subject: ASCA March Field Trip
The Audubon Society of Central Arkansas (ASCA) is conducting a field trip on Saturday, March 24.  Please see details below.  We will start at the Nature Center and work our way around the Pine Bluff area. In the afternoon, the Nature Center is sponsoring two events--a butterfly interactive program & feeder craft which runs from 1:00 p.m. until 2:30 p.m.  Then, starting at 3:15 p.m. they will hold an eagle feeding andgive a presentation about raptors.  Both events are free and open to the public.  The field trip is also open to the public.  You don't have to be an ASCA member to participate.  If you have any questions about the field trip, please feel free to email me off-list.  For more information about the Nature Center and its programs, go to their website listed below.Karen HollidayASCA Field Trip Coordinator
 March 24Delta Rivers Nature Center, Lake Saracen, Wilbur WestRoadPine Bluff, Jefferson Co. Meet at 7:00 the Dixon Road commuter lot, Exit 3 off I-530 South.  We’ll arrive at the Delta Rivers Nature Centeraround 8:00 a.m. for those who want to meet us there.  The area has diverse habitats which includecypress and tupelo swamps, open water, and wetlands.  Early migrants, wrens, egrets, and herons willbe our main targets.  Walking is moderateon paved trails.  Bring water and snacks, the trip can last into the afternoon.  The trip will finish at the Wilbur West Road location which is near several fast food restaurants. Participants are welcome to leave at any time. Directions—FromLittle Rock, take I-530 south to Pine Bluff going 35 miles until I-530 becomesHwy. 65B (Exit 35).  Go 6 miles,continuing past Lake Saracen (Lake Pine Bluff). Turn left onto Regional Park Drive. (Convention Center Dr.).  Continueon Regional Park Drive approximately 1.2 miles. Turn right onto Black Dog Road. Follow signs to the Nature Center. Website is
Join us on Facebook!