Date: 3/8/18 5:28 am
From: Laura Paulson <laura...>
Subject: [texbirds] Fire at Santa Ana NWR and walks/hawk watch updated schedule
Hi all,
Just a note to say that Santa Ana was closed yesterday afternoon due to a
grass fire in Mexico that jumped the river into the refuge. As of 10pm last
night, it was not contained. We don't have updated info this morning but
suggest calling before heading to Santa Ana. Hopefully it will be contained
soon without too much habitat destruction.
Once the refuge is re-opened, bird walks and Hawk Watch will continue on
the following schedule (which includes corrections to what I wrote

Please note that the guided walk schedule will be changing during the
latter part of March.* For the next week, walks will continue to be every
day but Sunday at 8:30 am*. There will *not *be a walk on Thursday, March
15. *After this, walks will be Thursday through Saturday*, still at 8:30
am. Meet at the Visitor Center.

*Hawk Watch is March 15-April 15, 8am-1pm* on the levee. Spotters, counters
and visitors are welcome and appreciated!

Laura Paulson
Santa Ana volunteer

from the List Owner

Join us on Facebook!