Date: 3/7/18 9:41 pm
From: B B <birder4184...>
Subject: [Tweeters] The Sage Steppe Birds Are Coming
Ann Marie Wood, Frank Caruso and I met up with Deb Essman in Ellensburg today for a fun birding trip.  An appetizer in Cle Elum before meeting Deb was having White Breasted, Red Breasted and Pygmy Nuthatches in a single tree at the same time.  The main course though was finding some recently arrived new year birds in the Shrub Steppe area along Vantage Highway.  These included two Say's Phoebes, two Mountain Bluebirds and a half dozen Sagebrush Sparrows.  We also had a nice Rock Wren.
We looked for other sparrows and Sage Thrashers but it's still a bit early.  We hope to see them on our next trip.
Other highlights today were a Peregrine Falcon, a Prairie Falcon, two Great Horned Owls and two almost fully albino Canada Geese.
Some photos can be found in this album on Flickr

Blair Bernson

Tweeters mailing list

Join us on Facebook!